Happy Friday my loves…
Today is a happy day. Thank GOD it’s Friday ;p
So as I have mentioned, I’d like to share with you some of the valuable life lessons that I’ve learned from reading the book of Genesis. I have read this book a few times already but I must admit that I have not remembered any. This may be because I wasn’t reading from my heart before. I was just driven by my desire to finish the book.
So for the past month, I have been reading a chapter per day. And from my daily readings, these lessons surfaced:
* God has created us. We are perfectly planned. We are not here by accident. We are here for a purpose. He has designed every one of us with perfection in mind. I used to think low of myself but God has just reassured me that I am special. I am created from HIS own image. I am HIS.
* God blesses HIS people. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph are all men of GOD. They were blessed abundantly with no more rooms for all the blessings. Oh how I love the feeling of hope and future that HE gives me. We will also be blessed just as these people have been blessed.
* Children are gifts from GOD. True! In the old times, people believe that barrenness is a punishment for sin. They believe that having children is a gift from GOD. Isaac was a promised gift to both Abraham and Sarah. Joseph was a gift for Jacob and Rachel.
* No matter where we are, God is with us. Whether Joseph is in Potiphar’s house, in the prison, or at the right hand of the Pharaoh, GOD has favoured HIM greatly. GOD doesn’t choose a place, HE chooses us.
* To forgive is to forget. When Joseph has forgiven his brothers, he has also forgotten what they have done to him. This is what forgiveness is all about. You do not keep records of the past.
I have more lessons to share on my next post…I’ll keep this post short else you’ll get tired of reading 🙂
Hebrews 1:10 He also says, “In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.