Happy Tuesday my loves..
Women’s day is just around the corner. One of the exciting roles of a woman is to be a wife. I’ve been married for many years already.I have lived half of my life with my husband. Our marriage is not a walk in the park. It is not something that came out straight from a romantic fairy tale story. Our marriage is just like everybody else’s. We have our ups and downs. We have our little arguments. We struggle many times. But God has continually sustained what we have.
So as part of the upcoming women’s day, let me share to you some of the ways to be a good wife. Some are clichés that we often times forget about so please take them as reminders.
1. Women’s way is not always the right way. Let’s admit it. Sometimes our way is so different from our husband’s way. In a relationship, there should always be respect. Even if we think that we are certain with our way, we should not miss the opportunity to listen to our husbands’ ideas. They may have a different way of taking things but it doesn’t mean that they are already wrong. Listen first before deciding on whose way to follow.
2. Be your husband’s constant companion. We all need intimate companionships. Genesis 2:18 says that “It is not good that the man should be alone.” We need company and unless we want our husbands to look for company somewhere else, let us keep our intimate companionship alive.
3. Don’t assume that your husband is a mind reader. Women are vague. We don’t usually say what we want to say in a direct way. We beat around the bush and yet expect our husbands to fully understand us. They are not mind readers. Say what you mean and then communication will not be that difficult at all.
4. Your husband is not Prince Charming. Don’t expect too much and you will not be disappointed. Women are so fond of fairy tale love stories. As young girls, we always dream of having our own prince charmings. But have we asked ourselves this: we are looking for Prince Charming but are we Cinderella material? Expectations can ruin a relationship. Accept who your husband is. Forget Prince Charming.
5. Before you talk to other people about your relationship concerns, talk to your husband first. Anything about the relationship should be discussed between the two of you. Other people will just create a wider barrier between you and your husband. Asking for people’s advice is an option only if you can’t resolve the issue between the two of you.
So there you go my loves, my five tips on how to be a good wife. I am not a good wife yet but I’m trying to be one 🙂