Many mothers like me are dreaming of a work from home gig. I won’t be surprised. Working from home has a lot of pros especially for mommies who want to juggle family time with work time. So if you are thinking about working from home, here are the pros and cons that you have to consider:
Pros of Working From Home
- You can work at the same time continue being a mom. Working from home allows you to be with your children. This is particularly beneficial if you have little ones. You can have as many “yayas” as you want but nothing beats the security of being there personally with your children.
- You own your time. Wouldn’t it be nice if you can work on hours you feel like working and chill whenever you want to? With many online work, you can be your own boss as long as you complete the time required of you and you finish the tasks at hand.
- You can watch a movie while working. I know many people won’t be able to juggle two things at a time. But for some, watching a movie while working is the way to go.
- You don’t need to dress up. I know this may be considered as a negative factor by some people especially those who likes to dress up but for some people it is a great relief not to have to dress up for work. Aside from it’s a total time saver, you will also save a lot of money. No need for shopping! What a relief.
Cons of Working From Home
- No social life. This is the topmost negative side of working from home. You will lose the chance of meeting new people and enjoying your social life. There will be no random Friday night outs with colleagues.
- Prone to procrastination. Having your own work time is always a temptation to delay work. Before you know it, you will be cramming at the end of the month when client reports are due.
- Decreased self confidence. Because you don’t really deal with people personally, your confidence in facing people is decreased. Sometimes talking to people in real life becomes a struggle.
Well, there you go with the pros and cons of working from home. I have been working from home for years and trust me, I have dealt with all these pros and cons already.